The Management Board of UNIMOT S.A. (the “Issuer”), having its registered office in Zawadzkie, announces that, having analysed and verified preliminary, estimated selected financial data for Q1 2023 (the “Preliminary Data”), it has decided to publish it as confidential information.
Consolidated Preliminary Data for Q1 2023 is as follows:
- Revenue from external customers: PLN 2,989.0 million,
- EBITDA (i.e. earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation): PLN 117.0 million,
- Adjusted EBITDA (i.e. EBITDA adjusted for estimated valuation of compulsory reserve of liquid and gaseous fuels, justified time shifts of cost and revenues and non-recurring events): PLN 104.9 million.
Comparable, consolidated figures for Q1 2022 are:
- Revenue from external customers: PLN 2,320.7 million,
- EBITDA: PLN 146.8 million,
- Adjusted EBITDA: PLN 85.1 million.
The following factors had the main impact on consolidated adjusted EBITDA in Q1 2023:
- the persistently high level of margins in the diesel segment was a consequence of the resulting market situation related to the introduction of the embargo on diesel from Russia as of 5 February this year and concerns about the availability of this product after the implementation of sanctions. The Issuer’s Group effectively used this situation, thanks to the adopted commercial strategy and increased logistics potential, i.e. the Issuer’s Group uses purchased rail tankers and works with the support of Olavion (which is a part of the Issuer’s Group) operating in the rail transport industry,
- achieving in Q1 2023 a sales volume of diesel oil, petrol and biofuels at the level of 506 thousand. m3 (an increase by 56 per cent year-on-year) and an increase in sales of LPG by 47 per cent year-on-year to 78,000 tonnes as a result of increased demand on the domestic market and meeting the fuel supply needs of the Ukrainian economy and population (deliveries to Ukraine started at the end of Q1 2022),
- successful implementation of the commercial strategy adopted for Q1 2023 in the area of electricity trading.
The Preliminary Data presented has been prepared on the basis of preliminary financial data for Q1 2023 available to the Issuer’s Management Board. The estimates have been made to the best knowledge of the Management Board at the date of preparation and are subject to change. The final figures will be published in the consolidated report for Q1 2023.